Teresa
San Antonio

New Hampshire, Vermont

BEST 1 DAY FALL FOLIAGE DRIVE

Heading to Enfield, NH next weekend and will only have 1 day to enjoy the Fall Foliage.  Recommendations for a drive to take the OLD folks on.

Nathan from Vermont

Hi Teresa!

I'm guessing this question is a bit old - there's snow everywhere now and the leaves are all gone - but if this info can help you or others for next year then my advice is to check out  Crawford Notch State Park, which is breathtakingly beautiful and full of hikes. Also check out  Pinkham Notch and the  Kancamagus Highway otherwise known as US Route 12 in New Hampshire.

These are all excellent spots and the Kancamagus is an exciting road - closed during winter but beautiful in summer and fall.

1. Crawford Notch State Park (attraction)
  2. Kancamagus Highway (attraction)
  3. Pinkham Notch (attraction)

Matt from Portland (Maine)

Your best bet is driving up to the White Mountain National Forest would be a great day trip! Stop in Meredith for lunch!

1. White Mountain National Forest (attraction)
  2. Meredith (city)

I would suggest Gunstock Mountain Resort, located in the city of Gilford, NH. The view (during this time of the year) is impressive; and the resort itself is beautiful and recommended for the entire family. I think it is not very far from Enfield center (about 48 minutes). Gunstock Mountain

1. Gunstock Mountain Resort (attraction)
  2. Gunstock Mountain (attraction)