Rhonda
Gretna, Virginia

Rhonda from Gretna, Virginia asked

Advise for 14-16 days in New England, please

Hi,  my husband and I are tentatively planning a road trip in the late summer/early fall to see New England.  I would greatly appreciate your help with a good itinerary to see the "highlights" being that we will fly into Boston and spend about two weeks.  I want your opinions on where we would spend the MOST time for the MOST beauty.  BTW, our 30th. anniversary is Oct.3rd.- would like something special around that date, if  possible.  I would like to include all 6 states, if it doesn't make the trip too pushed & crazy.  Thanks so much for your help!

New England

If you are thinking you want to see fall foliage, that is a little early for it.  We were in Vermont after Columbus Day and the foliage was good then.  So given that you start in Boston, I would go south first and then do the northern part of the loop later.  As for max beauty on Oct 3 - you haven't given us a starting date, so I don't know how far into the trip that will be.

Boston - 2 days

Cape Cod 2 days - Plymouth (Massachusetts) , Woods Hole and possibly a day trip to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard

Newport - 1 day

MysticMystic Seaport CT - 2 days

Berkshire County MA - 1 day

Burlington (Vermont) - 1 day

Lincoln (New Hampshire)  to Conway  - 1 day

Mount Washington Observatory - 1 day

Portland (Maine) 1 day

Salem (Massachusetts) 1 day

and back to Boston

Rhonda
Thank you, RosalieAnn Beasley! I, finally, got a reply on here! I have been working on this for a few weeks now, but haven't made any definite decisions, but have found a little help. Was thinking the end of September, around the 26th. to start the trip. I realize we may not see much color, exept for maybe VT or NH at the end of the trip. Any more suggestions, I welcome...thanks so much!