Rama
Singapore

Nepal, Kathmandu

Best time to go to Nepal?

When is the best time to go to Nepal? Also, if i want to do cycling or trekking there, where is the best area to start?

prakash from Nepal

All seasons you may come to Nepal. For cycling, Kathmandu and for trekking Annapurna Base Camp is the best.

1. Kathmandu (city)
  2. Annapurna Base Camp (attraction)

Keristien from New Orleans

I just came back from a three week stay in Nepal. While I was there I visited Kathmandu and hiked the Annapurna Circuit. I am really glad that I chose to go in January, it's at the very end of the peak season so you won't run in to problems with finding accommodations or having to wait because of the number of people who trek in October-December. There was some snow fall which made the trek a bit more difficult but the weather was still really beautiful. We had one day of rain and the rest were sunny which warmed you up quite a bit. The snow made the scenery during the trek absolutely spectacular!!! The weather is also really nice in Kathmandu, I was fine with long pants and either a pullover or light jacket. In my opinion if you are going to Nepal it is a must to do a trek which range anywhere from 1 to 14 days.

1. Kathmandu (city)
  2. Annapurna (attraction)

Sagar from Kathmandu

Hi Rama,

It really depends on what you wish to do in Nepal, if you see for a Cultural Trip, festivals would be the best time to visit like Dashain (Sep - Oct). I would suggest checking with locals like myself before confirming dates.

If it is for Treks, I would suggest March - April.

Cheers !

Alex from Kathmandu

If you want to cycle or trek, avoid the monsoon season (summer months). The fall is the best for clear skies, making it a good time for cycling...

Cycling through Nepal could be rather adventurous :) Are you ready for the congested streets and highways?

Buddha from Kathmandu

The second week in April is the best time to visit Nepal. The weather is also good. Trekking is up to you. How many days do you have holiday?

If you have two weeks, you can visit Everest Base Camp or Annapurna Base Camp. If you have one week, please trek to Ghorepani. Even you have two or three days of cycling or hiking, you can do Kathmandu.

1. Everest Base Camp (attraction)
  2. Annapurna Base Camp (attraction)
  3. Ghorepani (attraction)
  4. Kathmandu (city)

Jennifer from Culver City

Just make sure you stay away from monsoon season in the late spring. For hiking, I would definitely do the Annapurna Circuit

1. Annapurna Circuit (attraction)

Karen from Stonington

We just returned from Kathmandu (first week of December) --- the weather was fabulous (60s, 70s). Sunny and bright; zero rain. 

1. Kathmandu (city)