Rhonda
Gretna, Virginia

Rhonda from Gretna, Virginia asked

National Parks, then Vegas -advise

Hi,  we plan to do a trip the end of September to see the Parks in Utah and Vegas.  I am planning for 7-8 days in Utah, then 3 in Vegas.  We plan to fly into SLC, then fly home from Vegas.  I need a good itinerary and also wondering if we can stay in the same place a couple nights to do any of this.  I can't imagine staying at a different hotel EVERY night for over a week!? --Thanks, in advance, for  your help.

Sarah from Philadelphia

I am planning a similar trip this summer, but hoping to start in Vegas and end in Denver. I found a great travel blog post from a couple who traveled from Vegas through Utah to Denver over 12 days: http://www.pausethemoment.com/southwest-road-trip/

They hit two national parks, Zion and Arches, but they didn't seem to spend much time at them. Their blog post was very helpful regarding itinerary planning, including where to stay. It could easily be modified since you don't plan to visit Colorado. Moab seems like a great place to spend a couple nights and hit multiple park areas on different days. Springdale sounds great for one or two nights for Zion National Park, but you could just as easily spend two nights near Bryce Canyon National Park which is only an hour from Zion. 

Last summer I road tripped from Vegas to El Paso, Texas through Arizona and New Mexico, so I could provide a great itinerary for that! But I will say Vegas is a great place to find a cheap hotel for a few nights. We found great deals at the recently rebuilt Linq hotel (which I would gladly return to), but there are so many hotel deals throughout the city.