Stephanie
Venice Beach

Nashville

Best places to eat in Nashville?

I'm going to Nashville with 3 girlfriends this weekend - staying in the 12 South area. What are the best places to dine? Would love some brunch, BBQ and dessert options. Open to all budget levels. :)

Sean from Hudson Valley

My mother & stepfather lived in Nashville for about 15 years.   On one visit, he turned me onto a place called Gerst Haus. It's been around for 60 years, now. It's simple, wholesome, and very tasty, German fare. Whenever I visited, my grandfather and I would sneak out there for pig's knuckles and beer. I like southern food, but this was a nice break from it! It's located at 301 Woodland Street, Nashville. Phone; 615 244-8886.

I don't know if they still do this (or why they did it at the time), but you need to pay for your beer in exact change. The beer tab was kept separate from the food tab. They'd bring you your bill, you'd give them a large bill, and they'd break the bill so that you could pay for your beer. We'd always laugh about it. 

One of the best brunches in town is at the Gaylord Opryland Resort.  High end spread; very nice!

As far as BBQ is concerned, I don’t feel qualified to make a recommendation.  This is because I’ve barely scratched the surface.  If fact, I wouldn’t trust a recommendation from anyone but a local.  But, hey, that’s just me!  I’ve always had good luck going to some hole in the wall type of place.

1. Gerst Haus (restaurant)
  2. Gaylord Opryland Resort (hotel)

Carly from Colorado Springs
  1. Loveless Cafe - I just at there a few weeks ago and it did not disappoint. I hate that I waited so long to go eat there. Mostly known for their breakfast, but all is good (like a meat and three - they also do their own BBQ). It's at least a 1 1/2 hour wait, so either be prepared for that. Or you can grab and go. This is what we did. Called in our order and then sat on the picnic tables to eat. Took 15 mins vs 1 1/2 for a table. It's also quite a ways out of Nashville - but beautiful country.
  2. Another great meat and three (and famous) Arnold's Country Kitchen. I've never ate there personally, but it's always on the top of the lists.
  3. For BBQ, Edley’s Bar-B-Que - very hipster but also really good. 
  4. For food that's specific to Nashville, try some hot chicken (if you like hot food). Prince's Hot Chicken Shack is the oldest and original. Hattie B's Hot Chicken - 19th Ave is the newest and most popular.
  5. For Brunch and Dessert, try Marche Artisan Foods

Hope you have so much fun in Nashville!  Lived there for 4 1/2 years and still one of my favorite cities.

1. Loveless Cafe (restaurant)
  2. Arnold's Country Kitchen (restaurant)
  3. Edley’s Bar-B-Que (restaurant)
  4. Prince's Hot Chicken Shack (restaurant)
  5. Hattie B's Hot Chicken - 19th Ave (restaurant)
  6. Marche Artisan Foods (restaurant)