Meir
Tel Aviv

Naples

Looking for recommendations for city walk through the streets of Naples?

I'm planning to visit Naples area + the city itself (won't spend the night in the city). I love strolling and doing city walks, photo-walks. 
What would be a nice ~3 km walk, ~ two-three hours through the streets of Naples during day time? Churches, markets, cafes areas are all most welcome! Can you recommend a route?
Thank you :-)
Meir

Julie from Milan

Hello! Naples is a great city to photograph. It is real and chaotic and dirty yet quiet and beautiful. Get great photos of graffiti or the longest clothesline from a 5 story building you've ever seen. I was with my dad in Naples last year for a walking tour one day and I had a general idea where we were but basically we got lost for 2 hours and it was the best. I usually have one rule. Have a reference point. So maybe use a landmark near your accommodation or the train station. So no matter where you are you can stop in a cafe and ask the person where that place is. Ask every block if you need to! Doe-vay.....and point to the place or have it written down.

So. Naples.

Start here along the seaside. Ovo Castle Great views of the sea and about 8 little restaurants to the left of the castle before you enter. Cute for photos. Walk along the water towards Piazza del Plebiscito There are great views of Vesuvius along the way. These areas are touristy but not terrible. 

Via Toledo is a main road in napes but full of fancy shops and crowded. I recommend you find it on the map, then turn left and walk a few blocks and its a whole different atmosphere. There are windy alleys and residential areas all over the place yet easy enough to find your way back. 

Just wander and enjoy! And always always watch your camera and purse. Don't put on the back of chairs, always have it in your hand, around your neck or in your lap. 

Naples is my favorite Italian city so I know you will love it :)

1. Ovo Castle (attraction)
  2. Piazza del Plebiscito (attraction)
  3. Via Toledo (attraction)