Mary from Leicester
I assume the pet is a dog? Many US hotels allow dogs but not e.g. cats so you'll need to check individual accommodation policies.
The reliable and long-established https://www.booking.com has very extensive US hotel/motel listings. It has excellent mapping, excellent rates and a 'pet-friendly' filter which you can use to search for suitable accomm in any specific location.
Use https://www.googlemaps.com to follow the suggested fastest route below to see if it's suitable for you. Journey length is just over 2500 miles, driving time is 38+ hours dependent on traffic congestion, roadworks etc. There may be some tolls.
I've made a few pet-friendly accomm suggestions near the road you'll be travelling on after roughly every 10 hours of driving (more than 10 hours a day is very unsafe unless you have a co-driver). Booking.com will give you lots more.
1. Take the I-75 (N) from Naples (Florida) to J435 where it meets the I-10 NW of Lake City (Florida)
2. Left onto the I-10 (W) and follow it past Tallahassee and Pensacola towards Mobile. There's a Hampton Inn at Daphne east of Mobile and a La Quinta Inn a little further west on the I-10W at Tillmans Corner.
3. Continue on the I-10 (W) past Baton Rouge and Houston towards San Antonio. There's a La Quinta Inn about 40 miles east of San Antonio at Seguinand a Comfort Inn, a Best Western Plus and a Days Inn off the I-10 as it enters the east of SA.
4. Continue on the I-10 (W) past El Paso towards Tucson. There's a Motel-6 and a Quality Inn at Benson, about 45 miles east of Tucson and plenty more options off the I-10 as it passes the city.
5. Stay on the I-10 (W) to Palm Springs

1. Naples (Florida) (city)
  2. Lake City (Florida) (city)
  3. Tallahassee (city)
  4. Pensacola (city)
  5. Daphne (city)
  6. Tillmans Corner (city)
  7. Baton Rouge (city)
  8. Houston (city)
  9. San Antonio (city)
  10. Seguin (city)
  11. El Paso (city)
  12. Tucson (city)
  13. Benson (city)
  14. Palm Springs (city)