Napa Valley, Napa, Calistoga, Yountville, Sonoma, Marin County

Non-wine-centric activities and restaurants in Napa & Sonoma Valley

I plan on taking a weekend staycation up north to Williams from San Francisco and I'm looking for two things on the drive to and fro:

• On the way there on a Saturday afternoon, I'll be taking Highway 29, so I'd like to find a nice brunch/lunch spot in the Napa Valley area (Napa/Yountville/Rutherford/Calistoga) and any other sites or activities you think is worthwhile that doesn't involve wine tasting.
  • On the way back on a Sunday evening, I'll be taking the 101, and I'm looking for a dinner spot in the Sonoma Valley, or even the Marin area.

Debbie-if you are in the mood for very al fresco dining, go to the Oakville Grocery and pick up your wine and lunch and take it out for a picnic.  I love this little store and their deli counter. 

Another fun alternative is to head directly to the Oxbow Public Market and dine around.  Love the oyster bar there!

1. Oakville Grocery (attraction)
  2. Oxbow Public Market (attraction)

Christene from Kansas City (Missouri)

We ate at the HopMonk Tavern Sonoma and the food was en point! You also can't go wrong with any hikes along the way. Muir Woods National Monument is north of San Francisco. Also, Jacuzzi Family Vineyardshas lovely grounds and an amazing Olive Oil tasting (and a fascinating family history). In Napa, we had a delicious, very authentic dinner at CAMOMI ENOTECA We also at Brannan's in Calistoga. It was great, but seemed over priced. 

1. HopMonk Tavern Sonoma (restaurant)
  2. Muir Woods National Monument (attraction)
  3. Jacuzzi Family Vineyards (restaurant)
  4. CAMOMI ENOTECA (restaurant)
  5. Calistoga (city)

John from Carlsbad (California)

I really like Scopa in Healdsburg for dinner.  The Sugo Calabrese is off the charts and they have Pliny the Elder by the bottle.  It's very popular so reserve ahead.

1. Scopa (restaurant)