Courtney

Napa Valley

Looking for two or three good wineries that are near each other in Napa

Some friends and I are going up to Napa at the end of May and we would love to do some wine tasting. We'd love two or three wineries that are close together (that's the more important thing) and can accommodate a relatively big group (at least 20 people). We're OK with splurging a bit and would love to know some places with pretty views or maybe a pretty outdoor area with a fireplace. Thanks in advance!

On the Silverado Trail, look into Pine Ridge Vineyards-gorgous single vineyard cabs.  Head up the trail about 15 minutes to Joseph Phelps Vineyards-some of the best, most awarded wines in the area, then head back to finish out your day on the patio at Mumm Napa for some bubbles.  Enjoy-these are some of my absolute favorites in the whole area, and the staff are friendly, accomodating and ever so knowledgeable.

1. Pine Ridge Vineyards (restaurant)
  2. Joseph Phelps Vineyards (attraction)
  3. Mumm Napa (attraction)

JR from Manhattan Beach

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm focusing more on the views than the fireplace in my answer here :)

I'd have a look at Cardinale Estate if you're on that end of the valley. It's one of of the only hills right in the middle of the valley. It gives you a little elevation for a view of the valley. It's not that high, but it's still kinda cool being on the only little hill on on the otherwise flat valley. The wine is expensive and so was the tasting I did there, but that was few years ago, so I'd call to set something up and get a feel for pricing. It's convenient to other wineries and also to two noteworthy yet casual restaurants, Mustards Grill and Brix Restaurant. Both are wine centric menus and I recall Mustards being more casual but both were nice. I remember figs :)

Here's a couple other ideas. 

Auberge Du Soleil is a splurge hotel, but great for lunch and a view if you're headed up that way. 

Meadowood Napa Valley is also a splurge hotel and their grounds are phenomenal! Really, this could be a perfect spot for your group. It's definitely worth grabbing a bite or spa treatment there. Oh... i had a croquet lesson there. That could be a BLAST for your group. 

Ovid Vineyard i haven't been here since it's a fairly newer winery, but I've heard people talk about the views and they look like some of the best in napa. 

1. Cardinale Estate (restaurant)
  2. Mustards Grill (restaurant)
  3. Brix Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Auberge Du Soleil (hotel)
  5. Meadowood Napa Valley (hotel)
  6. Ovid Vineyard (restaurant)

Dorianne from Florida

The only place you will love and enjoy and relax for awhile is V. Sattui Winery.

1. V. Sattui Winery (attraction)