Tandy
Miami

Tandy from Miami asked

Other cities to visit outside of wine country

My friends and I are visiting Napa for a week.  After putting all of the things that we want to do all together, it turns out that it only figures into 3 day itinerary.  With that realization, I was hoping that we could get some suggestions for things to do outside of wine country.  We'll be renting a car, so we can drive anywhere!

Napa

Not sure if your initial plans already include other smaller surrounding cities, but chances are that they do and you just don't know it yet!  In any case, I'll list a few out.  I'm not sure how far out you want to drive, but the furthest I'll list is San Francisco, which is about an hour's drive away.  From closest to furthest to Napa, here it is:

Tandy
Oh lordy! That's a lot of stuff to do! I didn't realize that San Francisco was so close. I'll definitely talk to my friends about going there. We're flying in and out of Oakland. Is there anything to do around there, too? Or en route to Napa? Thank you for your recommendations!

My pleasure! And yes, there are plenty of things to do in Oakland and en route to Napa! You should post another question to ask about that so that anyone who answers can tag their recommended spots and have it appear on a map like above :)

Tandy
I just did! Posted it here: http://www.trippy.com/question/Things-to-do-en-route-drive-from-Oakland-to-Napa

Awesome, checking it out!

1. Yountville (city)
  2. The French Laundry (restaurant)
  3. St Helena (California) (attraction)
  4. Calistoga (city)
  5. Old Faithful Geyser of California (attraction)
  6. Marin County (region)
  7. Stinson Beach (city)
  8. Muir Woods (attraction)
  9. Mount Tamalpais State Park (attraction)
  10. San Francisco (city)
  11. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)
  12. Golden Gate Park (attraction)
  13. Fisherman's Wharf (attraction)
  14. Pier 39 (attraction)
  15. Ferry Building (attraction)
  16. Union Square (attraction)
  17. Mission District (neighborhood)
  18. Haight-Ashbury (attraction)