Sarah
Sydney

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Georgia, Memphis

Best place to stay a night on the way from Memphis to Myrtle Beach?

My boyfriend and I are travelling to the states in May-July and want to know what the best town is to stop for a night on the way from Memphis to Myrtle Beach? We are driving ourselves and will just be passing through, but hoping to have a bit of a look around for half a day on the way to Myrtle Beach! 

About halfway between Memphis and Myrtle Beach is Atlanta  It's 5.5 hours from Memphis and about the same to Myrtle Beach.

But I think it might be better to avoid the big city, so maybe Talladega Superspeedwaywould be an idea.   They have a tour of the track and a museum there and it isn't far off the highway.   It does make the trip from Memphis 4 hours and from there to Myrtle Beach is 7 hours.

On the other side of Atlanta - 6 hours from Memphis and 5 hours from Myrtle Beach is Athens (Georgia)

1. Memphis (city)
  2. Myrtle Beach (city)
  3. Atlanta (city)
  4. Talladega Superspeedway (attraction)
  5. Athens (Georgia) (restaurant)