Kate

Mykonos

Accommodation recs for 26 y.o. solo traveler, quarter life crisis sufferer

Hello all... I am wondering if there is a specific area anyone can point me towards in Mykonos that (if possible) is close (as in walking distance) to both the beach and an area which is good for going out if you are around my age. Also, try to factor in that I am traveling alone and would like to be somewhere where it is easy enough to meet people outside of the place in which I will be sleeping. If a place that's close to both the beach and the city center does not exist, then I'd prefer to be located close to a beach with a younger-ish crowd. Thank you much!

Mimi from San Francisco

I'd recommend staying at Paradise Beach.  You should check out Votsalaki Resort, they rent rooms, apts, villas, and is a 2 min walk to the beach.  Also 3 min walk to the bus stop which goes into town every 20-30 mins.  The bus back from town runs pretty much all night.  Paradise beach is home to Tropicana beach club.  loungers during the day and at 4:30pm the crazy party vibe starts and ends around midnight.  Then there's Paradise Club Mykonos and or El Paradiso.  El Paradiso is much better in terms of space, music and crowd.  You can also catch the water taxis from the beach to the neighboring southern beaches to the right and left.

1. Paradise Beach (attraction)
  2. Votsalaki Resort (hotel)
  3. Tropicana (attraction)
  4. Paradise Club Mykonos (attraction)

Gajaba

I would say find a place near Ornos Beach. It's closer to the old town and Paradise Beach. The young crowd hangs out mostly in Paradise beach. You can rent a scooter for like €15 a day and travel around the island. I found some good places to stay with reasonable prices via airbnb. 

1. Ornos Beach (attraction)
  2. Paradise Beach (attraction)