Lulu

Muscat, Kerala, Dubai

Air travel - Calicut (India) to Dubai via Muscat.

Travel Experts, Please help.

I am Indian passport holder with Engineering profession and have a valid UAE resident visa.

As the direct flight rates between Calicut and Dubai were sky high, i decided to go with connection flights between these two points with Muscat as my transit point. So i booked the below flight tickets,

Indigo Airlines - Calicut to Muscat.

--Transit Duration 3h 30 Min in Muscat--

Swiss Airlines - Muscat to Dubai

First of all, Indigo airlines says that i need an Ok to board message from the Visa provider. I called many numbers to get the information about a transit visa in Muscat Airport, but no clear picture so far. Oman Cosulate in Dubai told me Airlines has to contact them for the Visa, Airlines says they dont do the Visa part.

The newly launched oman e-visa service website doesnt allow you to apply for a transit visa.

Totally confused and i am going in circles for the past two weeks. How can i get an Ok to board message? Do i need a Transit visa, if yes from where i can get this.? I am ready to travel without a check in luggage, will that help me to avoid all these hassles?

Thanks in advance.