Andrew

Munich, Bavaria, Fussen, Germany

Roadtrip suggestions for a romantic week in Germany?

Hi All,

Looking to craft a roadtrip vacation in early November for me and the wife. Ideally flying in/out of Munich (though I could be tempted to do Frankfurt in and Munich out). Would love to do a 7-10 day romantic roadtrip - one of the spots will definitely be Fussen and the castles, even with all the tourists it feels like a must-do. Looking for some suggestions on where to base??

Some thought starters: big cities are okay (I've been to Munich, it's great but we don't like spending >1-2 days in cities), we love nature and casual hiking, wine tours, etc. LOVE the alps and mountains and little towns with breathtaking scenery. Our favorite thing is grabbing a bottle of wine or local beers and some snacks, hanging out on a balcony and enjoying the scenery for dinners. Murren in Switzerland with its snow cap mountains for example is a trip we still talk about.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Summary:
Early November
7-10 days
Road trip (though if train is easier that's okay)
Romantic Road or Bavarian Road Trip?
-Andrew