Courtney

Mumbai

Sari shopping in Mumbai

I'm hoping to have a few days to myself at the end of a business trip to Mumbai later this year. I am a lunatic about textiles, especially Indian fabrics. Can someone tell me where I should go for either a sari or just nice fabric? I'd also love to pick up some Indian print blocks if possible. 

Bharti from Mumbai

Hi Courtney, 

Check out FabIndia near Colaba Causeway. This place is great for Indian fabrics and have a beautiful collection of saris and silk dupattas (stoles, scarves). The staff here is well trained to answer your queries and will also be able to recommend some good options according to your taste and preferences.

Another great sari shop is Nalli Silk Saris opposite Mahalaxmi Temple . This place too has a wide range of colours and fabrics to choose from. You will love it!

1. Colaba Causeway (attraction)
  2. Mahalaxmi Temple (attraction)

Abhi from Mumbai

Garden Vareli is the first name which I can suggest. You can find a Garden Vareli store in Girgaum Chowpatty

Garden vareli is famous to have the most variety of sarees and that also at unbelievable price.

Besides garden vareli there are many other shops which are famous for saree. Basically there at least one famous saree shop at each station in Mumbai.

You may also visit Dadar there is not any specific shop which I can name but you will find number of shops in the lane with vary sarees and price ranges..

Hope this helps you out..

Happy Shopping!!!

1. Garden Vareli (attraction)
  2. Girgaum Chowpatty (attraction)
  3. Dadar (neighborhood)

Perma from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Hi Courtney, On the western line at Dadar you will find various saree stores just outside the Railway station. This place is famous for sarees and I'm sure you will love shopping there. 

1. Dadar (neighborhood)