Courtney

Courtney from Los Angeles asked

Hotels in Mumbai

I'm taking a pretty unexpected business trip this year to Mumbai  and I need to find a clean safe hotel in a good area for both me and some clients. I've heard that can be a bit of a challenge in Mumbai and it's incredibly important that I find something that makes a good impression, so does anyone have any ideas? If it's a little expensive that's OK--I'd rather be safe than sorry on this. Thanks!

Mumbai

Sejal from Amravati

It depends on which area of Mumbai you're looking to stay. Though there are a lot of upscale hotels near the airport I would suggest you stay at The Oberoi in South Mumbai, one of the best locations in Mumbai with a lot of heritage buildings, art galleries & a museum nearby. Most of the rooms have a spectacular view of the sea and the hotel itself is a beautiful property with 24 hour gym & spa, a variety of restaurants (Italian, Contemporary Indian & Multi cuisine), open air pool & the most wonderful staff. They can assist you with to and fro transfers for the airport. Though its a bit far from the airport it's worth it.

The second option can be Taj Mahal Palace & Tower

Courtney
This is great, Sejal--the Taj Mahal hotel looks very interesting!

Sejal
Hi Courtney! How was your trip to Mumbai? Did you stay at Taj? Hope the Mumbai rains did not cause a lot of trouble. Next time plan a trip to India during winter.

1. The Oberoi (hotel)
  2. Taj Mahal Palace & Tower (attraction)
Manish from Delhi

Hi Courtney,

I hope the information provided by me would be helpful to you.

You can find lots of good hotels in South Mumbai, though this area is quite far from the airport (around 25-30kms) but options here are comparatively better. I am listing some of the best hotels in that area as below:-

The Oberoi (*****)

The Taj Mahal Palace(*****)

Trident Hotel - BKC (*****)

Vivanta by Taj( ****)

Wish you a happy journey.

Courtney
Thanks so much, Manish--this is very good to know! I'll make sure to check them out!

Jean

Stay at Trident Hotel - BKC, Bandra Kurla. It is centrally located in the BKC business district and a reasonable distance to the airport. It is one of the top biz hotels in India. Staff is amazing. 

They have a great spa, too, only available to guests. 

Average cost is under 12,000 rupees a night ($200).

Courtney
Oooh, a spa--that sounds great, Jean! Thank you!