Andy

Andy from San Francisco asked

What are some hidden gems in Mountain View?

I will be living in Mountain View for the next 2 months. It doesn't seem like there is a lot going on in Mountain View, but I'm sure there are fun things that I just don't know about. 

If you know of fun places to go and cool things to do, please let me know! I want to have a good time and enjoy living in Mountain View the best I can. 

Mountain View (California)

Marvin Paul from Milpitas

The NASA Exploration Center - Ames Visitors Center is a cool place to visit on the weekends. It's the only building regularly open to the public at NASA Ames Research Center. It's a museum specifically of what the base has contributed to NASA and has the gift shop.

Other than food and some good theater (the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts usually has some great shows throughout the year), I don't know that there is a lot in Mountain View tourist-wise. The cool thing is that you can take the Caltrain into the city and explore San Francisco, or cross the mountains south and head to Santa Cruz or Monterey.

You're in a very central location to travel and see things outside of town and on days you want to stay local, there are some pretty parks for walks and biking, especially along the Bay.