Dina
Dallas

Moscow

Where do I go shopping for local goods in Moscow?

My fiancée and I are getting ready to go to Moscow in January (and yes, we know it will be freezing but that’s when the tickets were cheapest). We’ve got accommodations and a pretty good idea of what cultural attractions we want to see but I want to know where I can go shopping. I’m more interested in where I can get Russian-type things like those cool fur hats they wear there instead of chain stores that I can just see in the states. Are there any cute stores I should try to see or even just any shopping districts or neighborhoods that might have good stores? I’d love to know where to get Russian crafts as well.

Sergey

Check the Vernissage in Izmailovo, http://www.moscow-vernisage.com/) - a large, outdoor shopping market, full of all sorts of Russian souvenirs and crafts.

1. Vernissage in Izmailovo (attraction)

Nataliya from New York City

There are lots of souvenir shops at the Old Arbat street - "Stary Arbat". It`s a one kilometer long pedestrian street with stores and cafes. 

1. Stary Arbat (attraction)

Paula from Tampa

Arbat is a great place to visit but the souvenirs will be expensive.  Try the market at Izmailovo Gamma Delta  the best market day is Wednesday when all vendors are set up until around 12 or 1.  Entrance fee is 10 doubles.  Opens around 9.  Metro is Partizanskaya.   bring cash only!

1. Izmailovo Gamma Delta (hotel)