Antoine

Moscow

Must do/see things in Moscow?

First trip to Moscow and know very little about what to do. What are things a first time visitor should see and do? I love architecture, museums, and eating! Open to all suggestions. 

Elijah from Moscow

Hello! 

If you're an architecture lover, there's no just one building which you should see but the whole city centre. So they are Tverskaya ulitsa the place around Kuznetsky most metro station and Chistye prudy metro station. Not many people know that you can come not just to the krasnaya, but inside The Moscow Kremlin. The Kremlin is just heart of the city and the oldest Moscow churches are situated exactly inside the Kremlin. You should also visit the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, it's very beautiful inside. 

One of my favourite places in Moscow is VDNKh-EKSPO, vystavochno-yarmarochnyy kompleks, ZAO (All-Russia Exhibition Centre). It's working exhibition centre but the old Soviet building where the exhibitions are held will definitely catch your eye! They are mostly decorated and dedicated to formal Soviet republics (when they were built they all existed but now it's history). 

Talking about the museums i'm not a big fan of it, but The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts is definitely worth seeing. I know that ISIS has destroyed ancient church in Palmira, Syria and the only one reconstruction that has ever been made is represented exactly in this very museum. Who knew it would turn out this way. Now the only way of seeing it is in Moscow Pushkin museum. 

Hope you'll have a good time in Moscow!

1. Tverskaya ulitsa (attraction)
  2. The Moscow Kremlin (attraction)
  3. VDNKh-EKSPO, vystavochno-yarmarochnyy kompleks, ZAO (attraction)
  4. The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts (attraction)

Mandy from Berlin

I just went to Moscow in August and was very impressed and surprised (because it was much better than I had expected). 

I wrote an article about the trip (in German):

Groß, größer, Moskau: Eine Erkundungstour mit Überraschungen! // Movin'n'Groovin

My recommendations include Krasnaya ploshadThe Moscow KremlinGorky Central Park of Culture and LeisureКафе ПушкинъБар Стрелка / Bar StrelkaCathedral of Christ the Saviour

To get an overview of all the interesting spots in the city center, I'd recommend to take on one of the red hop on hop off buses. The stops are a bit difficult to find, but you can ask in the hotel or people on the street. 

1. Krasnaya ploshad (attraction)
  2. The Moscow Kremlin (attraction)
  3. Gorky Central Park of Culture and Leisure (attraction)
  4. Кафе Пушкинъ (restaurant)
  5. Бар Стрелка / Bar Strelka (attraction)
  6. Cathedral of Christ the Saviour (attraction)

norman from New Orleans

The Moscow Kremlin, must see.  

1. The Moscow Kremlin (attraction)