Lissa
Portland

Moscow

How to best get to DME from the river port?

I will be disembarking from a river cruise and need to make a Tuesday 9 a.m. flight out of DME.  The tour operator wants $170 for transporting me there... is there a less expensive option that will get me to my flight on time?  Thanks!

Esmè from Guadalajara, Mexico

Only the metro but it's tough if you don't know Russian. Taxis in Moscow are dangerous, they will give you a fee and when they have your luggage in the trunk, then they will ask for more money (yes, they kidnap your luggage!), $170 is expensive but that's what any taxi might charge you after kidnapping your things and giving you a scary time. 

Paula from Tampa

Unless you disembark super early this will be a tough connection! Ask your tour operator for the closest metro to get you to an express train to DME. The train ride is 45 minutes to the airport. Moscow traffic is awful and the river port is on the other side of the city from DME. Any chance you could go out of SVO - much closer and against the traffic. Good luck!