Hjörtur
Copenhagen

Moscow

Have one day in Moscow. What to see and do?

I'm flying through Moscow and have one day there. What is a must see and what are nice neighbourhoods to just walk the streets in? Any neighbourhoods to stay out of?

Sasha from Moscow

I think Moscow metro (subway, underground) must be visited by any tourist! BTW, the scheme has been updated with transliterated station names.

Andrew

New Arbat Ave. It goes from near the river to 1 Red Square and is pedestrian only for quite a bit of it. The evenings are cool with vendors set up and several restaurants. Red Square has to be on your checklist. It is a long drive from either airport to center city, so watch your time carefully.

I found navigating the Moscow subway system difficult because of the language/writing. My taxi driver was good though and spoke English. Bring cash. Lots of it...

1. New Arbat Ave (attraction)
  2. 1 Red Square (attraction)

Alex from Moscow, Russia

The Moscow Kremlin and the Red Square are the heart or Russia. With plenty of really good museum in the Kremlin and some decent meal options on the 3-d floor of Gum - the #1 Department store adjasent  to the Red Square.

Beware of pick-pockets and souvenir pushers. 

1. The Moscow Kremlin (attraction)
  2. Red Square (attraction)
  3. Gum (attraction)