Dina
Dallas

Moscow

Best Russian cuisine restaurants in Moscow

I'll be spending part of my honeymoon in Moscow and the man and I would like some suggestions on what to eat!  Neither of us have ever been to Russian before nor have we ever had much Russian food, so we'd like to try some of the creme de la creme Russian cuisine while we're out there.  We're open to food stands, hole in the wall restaurants, fine dining, anything really as long as it's good.  Where should we go?

Maria from Manhattan

I can say good about “Grabli”. Good price, excellent meal, excellent service and perfect location. For those who want to experience good time in a nice atmosphere. Get on a tray myself trying to enter the food and pay at the cashier You are definitely should try borsch and herring under a fur coat. We were unfortunately only there once, and we are like very, very much! The quality of the food is excellent. Pleasant atmosphere & staff friendly and helpful.

1. Grabli (restaurant)

Nataliya from New York City

Hi Dina,

Маri Vanna would be my top choice (10a, Spiridonev's Lane) - it has a very authentic atmosphere in a nice neighborhood of Patriarshiye Ponds.

Pushkin Cafe is the fancier, upscale version of Russian food.

And if you`re looking for something more affordable - Mu-Mu Cafe restaurant chain would be a nice option, as well as Elki Palki (5/6 Tverskaya Street)

Also, there`s Stolovaya No.57 food area that has an authentic Soviet feel to it - located on the second floor of must-visit historical shopping center - GUM. 

Good Luck!

Nataliya

1. Маri Vanna (attraction)
  2. Patriarshiye Ponds (attraction)
  3. Pushkin Cafe (restaurant)
  4. Mu-Mu Cafe (restaurant)
  5. Elki Palki (restaurant)

Andrei from Irkutsk

Get a borsch and vareniki (yep, it's difficult to pronounce) in a  Taras Bulba it's not only russian food restaurant, but also ukranian. Ukranian and russian food are very simillar, I claim it as 50% ukranian+50% russian =) There is a great menu written on many languages and full of delicious courses in the restaurant. Here I marked restaurants in Google Maps for you. https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&ll=55.7571411,37.6452075&z=13&q=Taras+Bulba&output=classic

I hope I helped you a little.

1. Taras Bulba (restaurant)

Julia from Moscow, Russia

Dr. Zhivago is definitely a must. It's close to the red square and the prices are fair for the food and the service offered!

Andrew from Moscow

1. Pushkin Cafe (restaurant)