Simon

Moscow

Best Airport to city transfer?

Which is the best way to go from Moscow SVO airport to downtown moscow?

Joseph from Sandy, Utah

There's a train called the airway express that will take you from SVO to the Belorussky Station on the brown (circular) line of the metro. From there you can take the metro anywhere you'd like with ease. It leaves every half hour, and is fairly cheap. 

1. Belorussky Station (attraction)

Janine from Seattle

Hi Hector, 

I recommend (depending on if you're staying in a hotel) booking with your hotel to transport you from the airport to downtown. Based on my experience, this is the cheapest way! 

Alex from Saint Petersburg, Russia

There is a train express directly from SVO airport. Approximately 30 min and 10usd. Departure every half our.

Sasha from Moscow

I like Aeroexpress trains (https://www.aeroexpress.ru/en) as others do. Sheremetyevo International Airport to Metro Belorusskaya/Belorusskiy vokzal station is what you need. Belorusskaya metro station and Belorusskiy vokzal train station is one big building. It's cheapest and frequently fastest way to go to the city. But you will need to go on metro next or take a taxi from Belorusskiy vokzal.

Or call a taxi but be aware that taxi drivers/companies standing/hosting directly in airport tend to be expensive! This year I start to use taxi smartphone apps and I like it. They multi-lingual and with best apps you pay within app! In order of preference: Uber (choose UberX for lower cost!), Wheely, Gett, Yandex.Taxi. Last one is HUGE aggregator of all taxi companies and service can vary a lot - more then in other apps/companies but you ALWAYS can find a taxi what is not always easy with UberX for instance. Also I am not sure if it's possible to pay within app in Yandex.Taxi.

I'm not sure about prices from airports with these apps (did't travel for a while) but prices should be listed in apps. Be aware that taxi prices from airports and train station in Russia are higher then for the same time/distance travel within city. Sometimes taxi prices from airports are fixed because traffic jams tend to make such travels too pricey.

1. Sheremetyevo International Airport (attraction)
  2. Metro Belorusskaya (attraction)
  3. Belorusskiy vokzal (attraction)