Iulia
Sibiu

Morocco, Marrakech

Rent a car on-line or on spot?

Hi travelers,

I know Morocco is a land of negotiating so I was wondering how can I get the lowest price for renting a car?

Is it better to pay in advance before getting there and get some discount or try to negotiate on the spot?

We'll need a car for almost 2 weeks with Marrakech departure and Fes arrival.

And along with this maybe you have a recommendation for a rental company.

Thank you! ^_^

Ross from Fort Collins

Oh please don't drive! It's very easy to get between big cities, just take a bus or train! Crossing the street in Marrakech was hard enough lol.

1. Marrakech (city)

Brahim from Marrakech

Hello Lulia, I would rent it online through avis or a amajor companie, make sure you have a credit card through with a high limit as they need a pre auth of about 2500 CAD.

Tandy from Miami

It's very hectic driving in Morocco, especially in the popular cities. I really suggest hiring a driver to take you places. It is much much easier and less of a hassle. But it depends where you are staying, if you're planning on staying Marrakech then yes, just rent a car because you can walk through a majority of the city. Look here (rent ahead): http://rental-cars.expedia.com/locations/tanger-airport-tangier-morocco/

1. Morocco (attraction)
  2. Marrakech (city)