Paige
Brighton (England)

Morocco, Marrakech

Nut Allergy Advice

I'm due to travel to Morocco, Marrakech in June with my girlfiend. She has a severe nut allergy and I wanted to just seek some advice on the best precautions to take.

I am planning for us to take two epipens, antihistamine and a translation card in Arabic and French. We are staying in an all inclusive so i'm sure there will be choice but I just wanted to check if anybody else has had problems in the past with knowing what to eat and what not to eat.

Any advice welcome,

P

Zoe from Chicago

Found this online: https://marocmama.com/eating-in-morocco-food-allergies/ probably need to check if info is still up to date. It probably will be a good idea to pack some safe snacks from home to have on hand. I would also suggest calling ahead to the all inclusive and ask to speak with the manager or head chef. If they know you are coming and you discuss your allergies with them ahead of time you'll limit any surprises and the hotel will appreciate having the time to prepare. I have not been to Morocco, but I have a son with a peanut allergy so we've had to do this everywhere we've traveled to.