Sandra

Morocco

Looking for a tour company

I am trying to organize a 2 week trip for two couples to Morocco.  Looking for a driver for the four of us and to basically explore as much of the country as reasonable in that time frame. Has anyone had experience with any particular companies that would be reliable & provide good service?

alexa from New York

My husband and I have travelled extensively and always independently but decided to book a desert tour during our honeymoon. we Started our tour in Marrakech and Ended it in Marrakech, The things we saw were amazing too. The snow covered High Atlas and Middle Atlas mountains, we visited several Kasbahs such as Kasbah Taourirt\ Kasbah Amridil the best being Aït Benhaddou and Oasis, and some impressive valleys like Dadès Valley where we spent our first night in a beautiful hotel as well as Todgha Gorge & Draa River, Guelmim-Es Semara, Morocco.

The highlight of the trip was a camel trek out into the Sahara, with a berber camel guide to sleep in a berber camp. Riding a camel is a bit of an adventure, but you really need to do it! The camp is very basic & authentic, drum players came to our camp to sing and entertain - and sunrise was awesome.

We would recommend Marvelous Morocco Tours to anybody thinking of arranging a tour in Morocco. From the initial tentative communications by email to arranging the detail of the tour to the actual tour itself everything has been faultless. All correspondence has been prompt, informative and clear and the physical tour was of a high standard, exceeding our expectations. We often didn't notice we were on a tour, we just felt like we were trekking independently with some new friends who didn't mind carrying bags, setting-up camp, cooking, cleaning and having a chat - That was priceless to us. We are sure we will return to Morocco at some point in the future and we will not hesitate to book another tour with MMT www.marvelous-moroccotours.com

1. Marrakech (city)
  2. Kasbah Taourirt (attraction)
  3. Kasbah Amridil (attraction)
  4. Aït Benhaddou (attraction)
  5. Dadès Valley (attraction)
  6. Todgha Gorge (attraction)

Kelen from Sao Paulo

Yes, Sandra. I and my two brothers were 6 days in last February and highly recommend one great Moroccan: Hassan Ouhaddou from www.MoroccoToursTrips.com ! He is very experienced, attentive and has great love for what he does! He told me that couples is target audience him. He will suggest ideas for a custom program in accordance with your expectation and can organize everything. It exceeded our expectations and it was wonderful to get there already having hired him at our disposal from the airport. See also! Certainly you will like it a lot too. Our tour in 4x4 was 2 nights in Marrakech, 1 in Boumalne Dades and 1 in MerzougaDesert (great hotel and camel ride - or others ideas if you want) and 2 nights in Fes. We could enjoy each point between this cities. I'd love to discover more of that country and would be a pleasure to have with Hassan again. 

1. Marrakech (city)
  2. Boumalne Dades (attraction)
  3. Merzouga (attraction)
  4. Fes (attraction)

Rosanna from Aalsmeer

I don't know why, but I presume you're going to Marrakech

Have you already organized everything? Or still need help? We used a company (a man that was our neighbor). He knew everything and can get anything done! He knows everybody. If you want to, I can find out the address and contact details!

but: In the end, it doesn't really matter. All the companies collaborate. Example: Company A has 3 clients who want to go to Essaouria tomorrow. Company B has 2 clients who want to go there tomorrow. Company A picks up their 3 clients at the habitation, company B picks up their clients. Then you go to a meeting point, you leave their car and you be placed together with 5 in a car (or van) that fits exactly 5 five people!

So everything is the same in the end.. The thing is that the travel times from Marrakech to another place is really long. So the companies lie to you telling you it is a 2 hours drive, but in reality it can be 4! (we didn't bother)

I hope I helped you out a bit!! Have a great stay and If you have more questions about Marrakech, then I'll be happy to help you. I really loved marrakech!

Oh and PS, I know a very good, cheap place to stay. In the center of Marrakech in a nice quiet Medina. Ali brings you fresh breakfast everyday! I can find out the details if you want!

1. Marrakech (city)
  2. Essaouria (city)

Julia from London

Hi Sandra, sorry this reply is so late. If you haven't already sorted things out please get in touch, we can organise drivers, tours and accommodation in Morocco. info at lekkeradventures.com