Goofie
Belgium

Montreal, Quebec

Two weeks Montreal & Quebec

Hi, I'm planning to travel to Montreal and Quebec between 20th of June and 3rd of July.

I'm a young woman travelling alone, no rental car, just me and my backpack :-) 

My plan is to go about 5 to 6 days in Montreal, 4 to 5 days Quebec city and then see some beautiful places like Tadoussac, Mont Tremblant, go whale-watching...

Do you have any tips for the two cities and for the public transportation to be able to discover the area?

Thanks in advance,

Valerie

Jemi from Melbourne

In Montreal everyone will tell you check out Mont Royal.  The view from the top is really great.  Also for more local culture, i'd recommend staying in or visiting Le Plateau and Mile-End for coffee, food, parks and entertainment. if you are in Quebec City, make the trip out to Parc national de la Jacques-Quartier - it's just out of town and is really beautiful, with Moose and other local wildlife.   Tadoussac is great, and we did the whale watching there and were lucky enough to see a lot of blue whales.   Parc National du Bic is also a spectacular place to stay along the way.

1. Montreal (city)
  2. Mont Royal (attraction)
  3. Quebec City (city)
  4. Tadoussac (city)
  5. Le Plateau (neighborhood)
  6. Mile-End (attraction)
  7. Parc national de la Jacques-Quartier (attraction)
  8. Parc National du Bic (park)

Patrick from Rotorua

Mortal and Quebec are super easy for public transport,. In-between I think your best bet is train between Montreal and Quebec and the rest by bus. 

You can bus to Mont Tremblant quite easily from Montreal, and to Tadoussacquite easily from Quebec City. You may want to find a place to stay overnight in Tadoussac as it is about 4+ hours from Quebec. 

monteal and Quebec are very safe and very friendly. Don't hesitate to go out by yourself as you'll meet friendly québécois. Montreal is the flirtiest city in the world, so don't be put off if a stranger buys you a drink or offers a compliment... That is just the way we do things, and it doesn't mean anything more that a friendly night.

1. Tadoussac (city)
  2. Quebec City (city)
  3. Mont Tremblant (city)

A must see place to visit in Quebec is  Fairmont Le Château Frontenac and the  La Boutique de Noël de Québec Inc A really nice place to have dinner is  Café de Paris

1. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac (hotel)
  2. Café de Paris (restaurant)
  3. La Boutique de Noël de Québec Inc (attraction)

Sondra from Canada

Montreal is a very safe city. The buses and subway/ metro can get you all over town.

re where to stay I suggest you look at tripadvisor- Montreal hotels - downtown area is called Ville-Marie district.

1. Ville-Marie (neighborhood)

Romain from Lyon

Hi Valerie,

I have lived in Quebec City for two years (just want to go back :p) and I have a few tips for you ;)

My favourite places "around" Quebec are :

In Quebec City :

Have a good trip !

Romain.

John

Public transit in Montreal is excellent.I think you can take the train to Quebec.In Quebec City stay downtown because you can walk but it's necessary to be within the walls - just close.

1. Montreal (city)
  2. Quebec City (city)

Bazil from Canada

If you can speak French, this would be helpful.  My experience in the Province of Quebec is in Historic District of Old Québec .  Took a cab ride from the airport in Quebec City to Old Quebec city.  Best way to get around is using the bus or taxi.

1. Quebec (region)
  2. Historic District of Old Québec (attraction)

Perry from Berlin

I'd be glad to host you cheaply at my private bedroom in a shared 3 bedroom furnished short term vacation rental apartment this coming summer. It's on Avenue De L'esplanade overlooking Montreal Sunday  Tam Tams. The park is directly across the street,

Bookable online at www.airbnb.com/rooms/925278

1. Avenue De L'esplanade (attraction)
  2. Montreal (city)
  3. Tam Tams (attraction)