Amy
Kansas City (Missouri)

Montreal

One day in Montreal.....what not to miss?

I will be in Montreal later this month on business.  Outside of work, I will have about 1 day to see the city.  Where should my first stops be?  Is there a particular area of the city that would be the most central to help me maximize my time there?  Thanks!

ET

If you're a foody, you gotta grab a dinner at Joe Beef - can be packed, so make sure you book in advanced. (Hint: Order the double down)

1. Joe Beef (attraction)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

I'd focus on Vieux-Montreal, which is the historic area of town.  Lots of good restaurants and things to see and do.  Place Jacques Cartier is the main square in the area.  Le Jardin Nelson has a great outdoor patio that often has live jazz.  Nearby is Marché Atwater is a great market to walk around, try some local food, etc.    

1. Vieux-Montreal (attraction)
  2. Place Jacques Cartier (attraction)
  3. Le Jardin Nelson (restaurant)
  4. Marché Atwater (restaurant)

kate

Hi Amy, i just got back from montreal..you should definitely go to the Old Port of Montreal and see the oldest part of the city.. most of the art galleries, small boutuques and greatest architecture is all there. For the afternoon i would recommend going to st denis street, between ontario and sherbrook streets there are plenty of bars and restaurants..and if you like club culture, at night go to Boulevard Saint-Laurent  

of you end up going to old montreal there is a Napolion exhibition there @ this fake Basilique Notre-Dame.. the building is still very pretty but its fake :). Ive neen to mtl 3 times this summer and still didnt have a chance to see it.. but it should be great  

Sorry for typos.. sent from galaxy

1. Old Port of Montreal (attraction)
  2. Boulevard Saint-Laurent (attraction)
  3. Basilique Notre-Dame (attraction)