Christa asked

Mother daughter trip for 4 days. Describe your idea of a perfect first day.

My B&B is near Place de Arms and we already have a tour of Old Montreal on our second day if that helps. I'm 28 and my mom is 57. Okay. Go! :) 

Montreal

Usha from Norwich, Norfolk

Morning walk up to Mont Royal

Afternoon cocktail tea Mayfair Cocktail Bar 

if visiting during jazz fest there are plenty of free evening concerts . If visiting during summer check out dates for the fireworks competition. A good spot to see them for free is exit Papineau metro and head to the river.

1. Mont Royal (attraction)
  2. Mayfair Cocktail Bar (restaurant)
Paul from Montreal, Quebec

Hi Christa,  

It really depends on what you and your mother enjoy. Montreal is well know for its creativity, and this can be found pretty much anywhere.  

The important thing is finding the perfect way for you to enjoy what the city has to offer.  

Personally, I'm a foodie and a music fan, so I would recommend heading to one of our cities awesome wine & cocktail bars, like Le Rouge Gorge

We also have great cafés, shops, and restaurants that we've taken the time to list and rank on our website, memorable.io  

I hope you enjoy your trip!  

Paul

1. Le Rouge Gorge (restaurant)
Elvi from Montreal, Quebec

I would go to the Le Plateau, and get wonderful coffee and pastries at Kouign-Amann-Sweetaman on rue Mont-Royal. Then I'd walk along Mont Royal west, looking at all the interesting boutiques and people. I'd end up at the monument on the mountain (Parc and Mont-Royal) and climb up the mountain (not a difficult climb, really more of a stroll) and explore the paths up there, and the chalet.  Depending how much more time you want to spend, you could easily come down from the mountain and explore more of the Plateau - St. Laurent and St. Denis streets are great for unique shops and cafes, too.

1. Le Plateau (neighborhood)
  2. Kouign-Amann-Sweetaman (restaurant)
  3. Mont Royal (attraction)
Annette from Saint Petersburg (Florida)

Explore Little Italy and the Jean-Talon Market  Lots of little spots to have lunch in and around the Market.  

Do you like museums? or parks? or shopping streets? 

Christa
We like all of those things :)

1. Little Italy (attraction)
  2. Jean-Talon Market (neighborhood)