Alice
Leeds

Montreal

48 hours in Montreal, what are the must see places?

I will be spending the grand total of 48-ish hours in Montreal at the end of July before I go to Ottawa for the rest of the week. Any suggestions on must-see places?

Roxanne from Montreal

Well, with onely 48 hours, i guess Old Montreal and Old Port of Montreal is the place to be. (I took the coordinates of Old Montreal of the map, it was so wrong). They're both in the same aria.  Lots of activities in Old Port including a beach where you can chill for a few hours.

1. Old Port of Montreal (attraction)

Laurie from Montreal

Vieux-Montreal is a must. A cruise on the St Lawrence River Maybe a bike tour or a food tour (there is one that combines both, touring the food trucks!) 

My favorite place is Parc du Mont-Royal for a jog (or walk) that leads to a lookout for a breathtaking view over the city. 

Jardin Botanique next to the Olympic stadium are beautiful. 

Le Plateau and Mile-End neighbourhoods for a local flare, original boutiques and bagels and smoked meat.  

Little Italy and its Jean-Talon Market 

If you like art the it exhibition this summer is Rodin at the Montreal Museum Of Fine Art.

The Just for Laugh festival will be on around that time too.

1. Vieux-Montreal (attraction)
  2. St Lawrence River (attraction)
  3. Parc du Mont-Royal (attraction)
  4. Jardin Botanique (attraction)
  5. Le Plateau (neighborhood)
  6. Mile-End (attraction)
  7. Little Italy (attraction)
  8. Jean-Talon Market (neighborhood)
  9. Montreal Museum Of Fine Art (attraction)

Johnny from Las Vegas

I was there for about the same time period a few years back.  I really liked the harbor area near Vieux-Montréal / Old Montreal There, I enjoyed a "chocolate shop" called Juliette & Chocolat where everyone was eating or sipping on some form of chocolate.  

1. Vieux-Montréal / Old Montreal (attraction)
  2. Juliette & Chocolat (attraction)

Zoé

The Vieux-MontrealOld Port of MontrealMont Royal the different neighborhoods, the Botanical Garden, a free musical show!

1. Vieux-Montreal (attraction)
  2. Old Port of Montreal (attraction)
  3. Mont Royal (attraction)

Paul from Montreal, Quebec

Walk around the Old Port of Montreal, walk on Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest street. Visit the Le Plateau (Avenue Laurier / St Laurent). Visit Griffintown and the area (Notre-Dame / Atwater).

Have some Montreal bagels, a smoked meat sandwich, try the local beer... lots to do :)

1. Old Port of Montreal (attraction)
  2. Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest (attraction)
  3. Le Plateau (neighborhood)
  4. Griffintown (attraction)