Nelson Perez

Montreal

3 Days in Montreal, where should I go?

I love architecture, would like to see Churches and the Botanical Garden be captured by my camera. I am an amateur photographer documenting my travel. What places of Montreal should I go and should never miss?

Hello Nelson!. I loved Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal, the shrine, the museum, and Saint Brother little chapel. The oratory in Mont-Royalis worthy for the diversity of the architectural styles and the museum is basically dedicated to sacred art. A must-see place to visit while in Montreal. I will also suggest to visit Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreala breathtaking Neo-Gothic church  due to the richness of its interior furnishings (and big enough to hold 4,000 worshipers). Don't miss Vieux-Montreal as well as it is the oldest area and historic city centre of Montreal.  The Olympic Stadium is very modern and emblematic building of the city. If you like Calatrava architecture, you will love this place!.

Hope this helps!

1. Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal (attraction)
  2. Mont-Royal (attraction)
  3. Montreal (city)
  4. Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal (attraction)
  5. Vieux-Montreal (attraction)
  6. Olympic Stadium (attraction)

Zoé

Definitely the Old Montréal! Beautiful place. 

Jeff from Brooklyn, New York

If you love Architecture you must go to the Canadian Centre for Architecture.  It's a great museum, with an outdoor sculpture garden, and magnificent bookstore.

1. Canadian Centre for Architecture (attraction)

Daniel from Gangnam-gu

I recommend you check the Plateau Mount Royal, which is a trendy neighborhood of Montreal. The houses here used to belong to middle-class French-speaking Montrealers, but became popular with artists and now with upwardly-mobile young professionals.

The neighborhood features a unique architectural style, where the stairs leading to upper floors are actually outside the house, for space considerations. The area is also very green and pleasant, so you'll have a wonderful opportunity for pictures. See those I attached!

If you like architecture, you should also check out Vieux-Montreal, which features colonial architecture. Be warned, the area is more touristy and less "local," and prices are generally higher here. But it feels very European and is very picturesque.

Finally, if you want nature pics, you should take a hike on the Mont Royal, which is a hill in the middle of the city with great views of downtown. There's fantastic nature outside the city, but within the city limits this is a cool spot to explore on a sunny afternoon.

1. Plateau Mount Royal (attraction)
  2. Vieux-Montreal (attraction)
  3. Mont Royal (attraction)

Kenneth from Germany

Hi Nelson,

Here's a link I did last time someone asked me.  3 days is enough to stay in MTL or do a day trip to either Quebec City or Tremblant.  Even staying downtown you'll have plenty to do...  http://www.trippy.com/a/5453cfdfe4b0df1732cd7a7a/52372e8fe4b0eba2e60d8fff

Marie-Eve from Montreal

Gibeau Orange Julep, a landmark in Montreal, should also give you interesting pictures. There are a few churches on Ste-Catherine street that are worth going into. And there murals and street art in every neighbourhood that are just amazing!