Julia

Montreal

Montreal: Best markets?

We will be in Montreal in early July. Where are the best markets? Any good local artisan/quality craft markets and/or foodie markets we can visit?

Colleen from Canada

I love Jean-Talon Market. You can find anything there. Best thing is to walk around (inside and out) and speak to the farmers and vendors. Lots of interesting and knowledgable people, delicious food to purchase or snack on, flowers, herbs ....all you desire , plus a feast for the eyes. Pretty crowded on the weekends!

1. Jean-Talon Market (neighborhood)

Andy from Montreal

The Marché Atwater market is another nice stop. Take the metro to the Atwater station and walk down the hill/street to the market.

1. Marché Atwater (restaurant)

Alpesh

One of my favorite markets I have ever been to Jean-Talon Market ; I would highly recommend Fromagerie Hamel (La) for their cheeses

1. Jean-Talon Market (neighborhood)
  2. Fromagerie Hamel (La) (restaurant)