Ashley
Durham (North Carolina)

Ashley from Durham (North Carolina) asked

Best of Montepulciano?

My husband and I are doing a two-week tour of Italy, but I want to make sure to stop off in one of the smaller towns along our trek from Rome to Milan. Montepulciano produces some of my favorite wines, and I've heard the country around that area is gorgeous. What's the best way to get there? We plan to take trains between cities, but does the train even run there? We'll be going from Assisi into Montepulciano. Once we get there, how long do we need? Any must-sees?

Montepulciano (Italy)

luca from Bagno Vignoni

Hello, I think the better thing you can do is rent a car because the train doesn't arrive inside this small town. The street from Assisi to Montepulciano is very beautiful. Is better if you don't take the highway. Near Montepulciano there is a lot of place you can visit, Val d'Orcia. You can visit Pienza, San Quirico d'Orcia, Montalcino, and Bagno Vignoni, where I live. 

Sorry for My english

1. Assisi (city)
  2. Montepulciano (city)
  3. Val d'Orcia (attraction)
  4. Pienza (city)
  5. San Quirico d'Orcia (city)
  6. Montalcino (city)
  7. Bagno Vignoni (attraction)
alessandro from Asciano

Ciao Ashely

Montepulciano is one my favorite places, it's very easy to arrive from Assisi to Montepulciano, there is the highway(superstrada) Perugia-Siena and you exit to Bettolle and follow in direction Montepulciano. No train to arrive there, only by car. The panorama is gorgeus. You can start with Chiesa di San Biagio church and step by step arriving in Piazza Grande. http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/aroundtuscany/a-day-trip-to-montepulciano/ 

follow this tips and enjoy Italy, if you have time don't miss Pienzaand Monticchiello

.regards

alessandro draghi

agriturismo il molinello

1. Montepulciano (city)
  2. Chiesa di San Biagio (attraction)
  3. Piazza Grande (attraction)
  4. Pienza (city)
  5. Monticchiello (city)