Mont-Royal

Best free things to do in Mont-Royal?

I'm going to be in Mont-Royal next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Chantal from Montreal

Hello Katie

You should go to the tam-tam festival, it's on Sundays.  It's a large park where people play music and you can sit on the mountain, bring a picnic and enjoy the sun.  There's also Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal, it's quite something to see.  You can also go to the look out of Mont Royal to see a beautiful view of the city.

1. Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal (attraction)

Simon from Jonquière, Quebec

If you mean Montreal,  the museum and music scene is really good and there's a good variety of prices. You could move from differents neighborhood with the metro (stm) for cheap. Each places have good things to do and to visit!