Des
Farmington Hills

Monchengladbach, Prague, Tianjin

Suggestions for short visits

I'm travelling for work the next two weeks and making a whistle-stop tour of three cities. Any suggestions for dining and things to see would be welcome. Spending three days in Monchengladbach, two in/near Prague, and six in Tianjin.

Danielle from Toronto

Hi Des,

I can only make recommendations for Prague. I highly recommend the World War II Tour which is held twice/day at 10 am and 2 pm. The meeting point is at the The Powder Tower near Old Town Square (which is also a must-see while there). 

I also really enjoyed the Lapidárium Národního muzea - this museum houses many of the original statues from Charles Bridge(the statues currently on the bridge are replicas).

For food, the one of the many beauties of Prague is that you can get great food for cheap. Try eating at restaurants outside of Old Town Square, as you'll find better food and better deals. I didn't eat meat when I was there, but dumplings are a must-try and are available at most restaurants as a side dish or appetizer.

Prague is such a gorgeous city, you'll have a great time even with only a couple of days! 

1. The Powder Tower (attraction)
  2. Old Town Square (attraction)
  3. Lapidárium Národního muzea (attraction)
  4. Charles Bridge (attraction)

sandra

We are in Prague and recommend a history-based tour Led by Pavel Kuca, pavel.kuca.cz@gmail.com.  He is as knowledgeable a guide as you will find anywhere. It's not cheap, but you will not regret it.  we learned so much and would have enjoyed it more if we'd had more than four hours!

also, if you're into fine dining recommend the Bellvue. Worth the splurge for the service alone.