Lorin

Monaco, Cannes, Saint-Tropez

What to pack and expect in Monaco, Cannes and St Tropez this next week?

I will be spending 8 days visiting these places starting next sunday and im kind of at a loss for what to pack and what the weather will be like (i.e: humid, dry). Any suggestions would help!!

I am SOOOO jealous! I am a lunatic about all three of those places!!!

I would go with light summer dresses and maybe a little cardigan. Victoria is right--everyone in St. Tropez in particular wears espadrilles all the time! You'll see them in every shop in every possible color, height (I'm always amazed by what French women are able to effortlessly walk in) and style. They are NOT cheap there, though, so you might want to get a cheap-o pair somewhere else. If you do want to splurge a bit, there's a somewhat legendary sandal store in St. Tropez called K. Jacques. This is where everyone there gets their sandals. Again, not cheap at all, but when in Rome...You could also try their rival, Rondini but personally, I'm more of a K. Jacques fan. 

If you find that you need an emergency sweater or something, hit Le Marche du Marin which is an adorable thrift-shoppy place where you can find something great in a pinch. I haven't been there in a while but they usually have great stock. 

When you're in Monaco you should check out Le Dressing which is a great consignment store. As you can imagine, Monegasque women have the most amazing clothes and they consign a lot of them here. Most of the stuff here is pretty formal but it's worth checking out. 

1. K. Jacques (attraction)
  2. Rondini (attraction)
  3. Le Marche du Marin (attraction)
  4. Monaco (country)
  5. Le Dressing (attraction)

Ashleigh from Los Angeles

Bring mostly sandals and bathing suits/beach/boat coverups. You're going at the BEST time of year. Spring is amazing in the south of France! The weather is similar to LA, so think about what you'd wear walking around in Santa Monica for your days venturing through town, and you'll pretty much have it nailed. Bring an extra bag if you like shopping because there are so many lovely things to take home! 

Victoria from Riga

Lorin, expect a warm nice weather with a slight chance of rain; not humid at all.

Layers is your best option. Bring summer clothes with cardigans and scarves.

I'd go for flats - a pair of slip-ons, a pair of espadrilles. Classic hills is a no-no, one pair of wedges is tops.

Hat is an amazing accessory, but I advice you to buy it in St.Tropez, a place called Club 55 (43 Boulevard Patch, 83350 Ramatuelle) book in advance (+33 4 94 55 55 55) - it is a beach club. Owner's wife has an amazing store there with divine and chic Provençal pieces, including summer hats. Bring one-piece swimsuite, but you probably will use it for tanning only. 

A maxi dress and a pair of shorts will finish the packing. Enjoy!

1. Club 55 (attraction)

Sandra from France

I live in the South of France.

The weather is nice at the moment , it ´s sunny and dry, between 18 and 28 degrees the day, but in the evening  and in the morning it ´s a little bit fresh , so itś better to have a warm jacket for evenings.

it´s not too hot enough to go and swim into the sea, Usually we can swim in the sea from may.

The weather forecast is good for next week , so enjoy your stay in the most beautiful area of France and dońt Forget to buy "espadrilles from St Tropez"

Ahmad from Antibes

Cannes Antibes Monaco the weather is generally warm these days .. its still not officially summer so still a bit chilled especially at night. You will have some nice beach days, but also there is a chance of gloomy rainy days. I hope that was helpful

1. Cannes (city)
  2. Antibes (city)
  3. Monaco (country)

Fabrice from Nice

today weather is great, sunny and about 20°c. Drops to 12-14°c at night, but in this season it can change a lot. you need something warm for the evening and something for light rain and wind. Enjoy