Stanley
Butte

Minsk, Belarus

Best neighborhood for solo traveler in Minsk?

Where are the best neighborhoods to stay for a solo traveler coming to Minsk? Looking for a safe area with younger crowd and budget is flexible.

Lindsay from London

Hi Stanley

I didn't too acquainted with the neighborhoods with my short time in Minsk. Where I stayed was a cool area with a mix of a younger and older crowd. I have to put in a vote for Hotel Planeta mostly because it’s so weird. You definitely need a “When in Rome…” attitude about this place because the service is really just OK, but the hotel itself is this strange, futuristic structure that looks like where the Jetsons would live if they lived here. I also put cleanliness as a priority and they are very, very clean and safe! Never felt unease when I was walking around. 

The only other hotel I know there is Hotel East Time which is also clean and pretty inexpensive, but very bare bones.  Not nearly as fun as Planeta but a good back up!

1. Hotel Planeta (restaurant)
  2. Hotel East Time (hotel)

Vanya

I would look around for an airbnbn or hotel near Stolica Biznes-Centr Kup. Very nice and pretty area, very lively and most safe area!

1. Stolica Biznes-Centr Kup (attraction)

Kseniya
Hello Stanley! I'd say the closer to the city center the better, somewhere around Niamiha and the Old Town is just most comfortable for sightseeing and pubcrowling, whichever is of your interest. If you look at the map - the center, the western and south-western parts of the city are definately the safest, north is fine too, I would not choose the south-east definately though. The rest is fine, it's pretty much safe everywhere.