Keith
Denver

Minneapolis

Nice places to stay and things to do

My wife and I are taking a fun trip to Minneapolis, so we'd love some recommendations on places to stay and things to do.  It has been nearly a decade since we've been there, so we're really open to anything.

Corey from Minneapolis

When it comes to things to do the list can be endless when it comes to Minneapolis.  Here are my favorites:

Mill Ruins Park: Mill Ruins Park is constructed of the remains of old mills from around the state and has been turned into a gorgeous park.  The adjoining museum has lots of interesting information on how mills such as Pillsbury (whose original mill stands across the river) and General Mills put Minnesota on the map.

Minneapolis Institute Of Arts: The MIA is a gem when it comes to art museums.  People are always amazing at the big names the MIA houses.

Stone Arch Bridge: This bridge is gorgeous and one of the oldest bridges in the state, dating back to 1881.  At the base of the bridge is a small park where you can catch some amazing shots of the brickwork.  Walking through the park will lead you to the base of the old Pillsbury Mill, which is currently going through restoration.

Fort Snelling State Park: Fort Snelling is easy to miss if you don't know it's there.  As a major piece of Minnesota history the fort is a must.  Tours are offered as well as reenactments throughout the summer.  The fort sits on the river as well, which provides some gorgeous views. (In St. Paul)

Wabasha Street Caves: These caves are a cool part of Minnesota's history.  Take a tour and you'll learn that they once served as a speak easy during prohibition and that's just the beginning.  If you're into ghosts, they're also supposedly haunted. (In St. Paul)

Padelford Riverboat: These historic boats offer a fun tour of the Mississippi, the caves it features and Fort Snelling.  Well worth a trip. (In St. Paul)

1. Mill Ruins Park (attraction)
  2. Minneapolis Institute Of Arts (attraction)
  3. Stone Arch Bridge (attraction)
  4. Fort Snelling State Park (attraction)
  5. Wabasha Street Caves (attraction)
  6. Padelford Riverboat (attraction)

Andrew from Minneapolis

Here are some very nice places to stay:

• Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand: A luxury escape in the middle of downtown. Perfect bedding, great room service and they even have t.v.s in the bathrooms (admit it, you're kinda into that kind of thing). Bradstreet Craftshouse Restaurant & Cosmos Restaurant are both on-site, which I love.
  • Le Meridien Chambers: One of the swankest hotels in town, with a fantastic hotel restaurant ( D'Amico Kitchen) and see-and-be-seen bar scene. The outdoor Ice Chamber stays open all winter long. Huddle around the fire and you'll keep your mitts warm.
  • Foshay Tower: A slice of art deco history in the city's first skyscraper. The rooms offer that funky sophistication you expect from the W (great minibar, to boot), plus an awesome observation deck with a stunning view of the whole city. Grab a drink and lounge at Prohibition on the 27th floor. Manny's Steakhouse, the best in the city, is here too.

As for things to do...

• HUGE Theater: HUGE is a great spot for a night of laughs. I did their Monday night show, Show X, and I had a blast.
  • Target Field: I'm a sports geek, so I was thrilled when my home team got a new stadium. It's one of the best in the country.When I go to a game I always head to the Kramarczuk's stand for one of their fantastic sausages.
  • Minneapolis Sculpture Garden: No Minnesota summer is complete without a visit to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. Great place to bring the family on a beautiful afternoon. The art is really cool. Plus, it's home to the iconic Spoonbridge and Cherry.
  • France 44 Wines & Spirits: Great sandwiches, salads and snacks. And don't even get me started on the cheese.
  • Minnesota State Fairgrounds: My family and I go to the Minnesota State Fair every day it's open. There is so much to do, we take a different walking path everyday. I crave Carl's Gizmo sandwich year round.
  • Cooks of Crocus Hill: I spent years teaching cooking classes here and to this day it still feels like home. Stock up on chef knives, kitchen gadgetry & more, then sign up for a class to learn how to use 'em.

You'll love Twin Cities!

1. Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand (hotel)
  2. Bradstreet Craftshouse Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Cosmos Restaurant (attraction)
  4. Le Meridien Chambers (hotel)
  5. D'Amico Kitchen (restaurant)
  6. Ice Chamber (attraction)
  7. Foshay Tower (hotel)
  8. HUGE Theater (attraction)
  9. Target Field (attraction)
  10. Minneapolis Sculpture Garden (attraction)
  11. France 44 Wines & Spirits (attraction)
  12. Minnesota State Fairgrounds (attraction)
  13. Cooks of Crocus Hill (restaurant)

Beth from Twin Cities

HUGE Theater is my favorite place in the Twin Cities. They have great shows six nights a week. Tickets are never more than $10, and they have a bar with a great selection of local and Midwest beers. Head to  Muddy Waters Bar & Eatery for a drink and a late-night snack afterward.

You can't visit the Twin Cities without enjoying the lakes. Go for a walk (or rent a bike from a  Nice Ride station) around  Lake Harriet, and be sure to check out the  Linden Hills Neighborhood On a nice Minnesota summer night, it's fun to grab an ice-cream cone at  Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream Cafe and walk around the lake.

See a show at  Guthrie Theater. Enjoy a meal at  Butcher & the Boar. For a fancy late-night cocktail, check out  Marvel Bar--look for the unmarked door behind  The Bachelor Farmer

1. HUGE Theater (attraction)
  2. Guthrie Theater (attraction)
  3. The Bachelor Farmer (restaurant)
  4. Muddy Waters Bar & Eatery (attraction)
  5. Lake Harriet (attraction)
  6. Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream Cafe (restaurant)
  7. Butcher & the Boar (restaurant)
  8. Marvel Bar (attraction)
  9. Nice Ride (attraction)
  10. Linden Hills Neighborhood (attraction)