Jacob asked

Best areas to stay in Minneapolis close to restaurants & nightlife?

I'm going to be in Minneapolis for a weekend and need some suggestions on where to stay. Obviously a safe, nice area thats close to great food places and nightlife. 

Minneapolis (Minnesota)

Alicia from Wyoming, Minnesota

It depends on how close to nightlife you'd like to be. There are a number of great options on Nicollet Mall, however, the street is under construction for the next year or so. Hennepin Ave S  has a couple hotels that are right in the mix of nightlife and entertainment. If you'd like to be within walking distance but not IN the middle of it all, I would recommend something on Marquette either or Second Ave. Everything in downtown is within walking distance or a short cab ride away. I'm a huge Kimpton fan and am biased towards The Grand Hotel Minneapolis, but there are plenty of options (Loews, Marquette, Radisson Blu, Westin). I recommend checking out some restaurants in the North Loop area - spoon and stable is one of the best, Parlour, Borough Minneapolis, The Bachelor Farmer and Bar La Grassa are all fabulous as well. 

1. Nicollet Mall (attraction)
  2. Hennepin Ave S (attraction)
  3. The Grand Hotel Minneapolis (hotel)
  4. spoon and stable (restaurant)
  5. Parlour (restaurant)
  6. Borough Minneapolis (restaurant)
  7. The Bachelor Farmer (restaurant)
  8. Bar La Grassa (attraction)