Tony

Milan

What are 3 must-sees in Milan?

Any tips on...

• hotels - central and unique
  • restaurants - what's your favorite pasta spot - truffles a big bonus
  • design and architecture things to do
  • bonus points for coffee tips

MUCH appreciated.

Gianni from Milan
  • Book your cosy room 3Rooms at Corso Como 10. It's an intimate hotel (http://www.3rooms-10corsocomo.com) The three suites, all with full service amenities and each reached by a private entrance, are furnished in homage to the vision of many mid-20th and 21st century designers and architects from around the world.
  • I suggest you to taste my favorite risotto alla milanese with osso buco in town Trattoria Milanese
  • Walking around Corso Como area you can spot the mix of the new Millennium and the last two centuries architecture design in Milan. Then I suggest you to take a visit of the La Triennale di Milano in Viale Emilio Alemagna, 6. Please don't miss Duomo Di Milano, and the "Stile Liberty" in Milan (http://artnouveau.pagesperso-orange.fr/en/villes/milano.htm

If you like Italian espresso you can find it everywhere. I would suggest to go Eataly Smeraldo in Piazza XXV Aprile to taste good Italian coffee and more. You can find there very special Italian food.

I hope it will help you the have a great stay in Milan. 

Gianni

1. 3Rooms (hotel)
  2. Trattoria Milanese (restaurant)
  3. La Triennale di Milano (attraction)
  4. Duomo Di Milano (attraction)
  5. Eataly Smeraldo (attraction)

For food:

There's a great restaurant there called Trattoria Aurora that you should definitely try. I love it both for aesthetics and the food--it looks like an old train station somewhere in the middle of Italy (nothing modern about it) and the food is excellent. I'm pretty sure they have a truffle tasting menu here, too. Make sure you have desert here, too!

Also check out Ristorante Piazza Repubblica. They have a great truffle menu (it's kind of their thing) and it's a lovely, chill place in a great part of town and the service is excellent.

If you want a bit of a splurge, definitely go for Cracco - Ristorante in Milano. It's very much the restaurant of the moment in Milan so make a reservation for sure--dining doesn't get better than this place. I'm sure they have a truffle menu. 

For hotels:

I’m obsessed at the moment with a hotel called The Yard Suite & Dependance It’s somewhere between a preppy New England dorm room, an English country estate, and an art deco hotel. It has a great little bar called The Doping Club with insanely good drinks and a really cool little common area that feels like the common room of a really cool summer camp. One of my favorite things about this place is that there are books in just about every room—even the guest rooms of which there aren’t very many. Great prices here, too. 

For coffee:

I don't think you can beat Caffè Trattoria Ambrosiana. It, too, is a bit Old World-looking and a little hodge-podgy which I love. Most importantly, though, they have great coffee. If I’m remembering right, they also sell the beans if you want to take some home.

1. Trattoria Aurora (restaurant)
  2. Ristorante Piazza Repubblica (restaurant)
  3. Cracco - Ristorante in Milano (restaurant)
  4. The Yard Suite & Dependance (hotel)
  5. The Doping Club (attraction)
  6. Caffè Trattoria Ambrosiana (restaurant)

Beatrice from Pinerolo

Your must have for underground nightlife should be St. Laurence Columns ("Colonne di San Lorenzo" or "in Colonne" more slang). It's a beautiful spot, with roman buildings and the atmosphere is amazing, even if you're not in uni anymore. Lot of different people, you can buy your beer or drink and go sit wherever you want, on the floor as well. Good vibes! :)
The best spot to drink beer is "Birrificio Lambrate" which sells only beer and it's one of the local's favorites :)

Sorry for my english, enjoy your trip!

1. Colonne di San Lorenzo (attraction)
  2. Birrificio Lambrate (attraction)