Dina
Dallas

Dina from Dallas asked

Free things to do in Milan?

I've heard this city is expensive, but what can I see for cheap or free? Would love anything fun outdoors to explore, or the best city attractions to see on the cheap.

Milan

Valeria from Carbonia, Italy

Hi, most of the museum cost 10€, like Fondazione Prada, Triennale, Palazzo Reale. During spring Parco Sempione  and Giardino Indro Montanelli are lovely. Recently Navigli Srl area was renew, and you can eat a nice Pizza at "I Capatosta" for a really convinient price and walk on the Darsena del Naviglio

1. Fondazione Prada (attraction)
  2. Triennale (attraction)
  3. Palazzo Reale (attraction)
  4. Parco Sempione (restaurant)
  5. Giardino Indro Montanelli (attraction)
  6. Navigli Srl (attraction)
  7. I Capatosta (restaurant)
  8. Darsena del Naviglio (attraction)
Mia from Milan

We Milanese love the Duomo Di Milano which offers a breathtaking view of the city. If you take the elevator it’s only about 13 euro which really isn’t bad. You can even walk right on the roof! Of course, a trip to Milan isn’t complete without seeing the Last Supper at the Santa Maria delle Grazie, It’s just about 7 euro to see it.

1. Duomo Di Milano (attraction)
  2. Santa Maria delle Grazie (attraction)

I didn't find Milan very expensive, but then I stayed away from restaurants near the Duomo and avoided the shops in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II Most of the churches are free to visit and contain wonderful art and sculpture. There's currently a small charge (€2) for entering the Duomo Di Milano but also see the Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio which is really beautiful. Checkout the Parco Sempionewhich is lovely to walk around every time of year. There are also lots of galleries with free days, don't miss the Castello Sforzesco which houses a number of museums and has free entry on Tuesday afternoon. Galleria Carla Sozzani is well worth a visit and is usually free. I paid a small entrance fee to see Teatro alla Scala and its museum. On the day I visited there was a dress rehearsal of a ballet, complete with full orchestra  and I got to stay for a hugely emotional afternoon! Window shop on Corso Buenos Aires Walk along the Alzaia Naviglio Grande and Naviglio Paveseand, for the price of a drink, at 6pm you can have aperitivi (which is usually a full buffet) Have a great trip, Milan is a fun city.

1. Milan (city)
  2. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (attraction)
  3. Duomo Di Milano (attraction)
  4. Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio (attraction)
  5. Parco Sempione (restaurant)
  6. Castello Sforzesco (attraction)
  7. Galleria Carla Sozzani (attraction)
  8. Teatro alla Scala (restaurant)
  9. Corso Buenos Aires (attraction)
  10. Alzaia Naviglio Grande (attraction)
  11. Naviglio Pavese (attraction)