Janine
Seattle

Milan

Best Cafes in Milan?

Hi all! I'm going to Italy and spending a few days in Milan. What are some great cafes to try? I like little, local shops where I can sit comfortably and read :) Oh and great coffee too!

Hi Janine,

Firstly I would say try to avoid the cafes dotted around the Duomo Di Milano they tend to be overpriced and mediocre. I love the Navigli area where you will find really fab, local restaurants, cafes and bars overlooking the canals. Take the Metro to Porta Genova and walk over the bridge. I also love the area around Parco Sempione and I found a great little cafe right around the corner from Teatro alla Scala down a little side street, right behind it. I'm sorry I can't remember the name but it is less than 2 minutes walk from the Teatro. 

1. Duomo Di Milano (attraction)
  2. Parco Sempione (restaurant)
  3. Teatro alla Scala (restaurant)

Julie from Milan

Hi Janine!

So Arnold's coffee is starbucksy and cozy but bad coffee and always crowded. But if you get there when they open you can score a seat. Via Orefici

Or, take a walk down Corso Garibaldi from the Lanza station to the Moscova station, both on green line. Really easy. Corso Garibaldi has little restaurants and bars aka cafes so I am sure you can find one. Just keep walking straight. Another bar bar but also you can get coffee is called Radetzky Café. It is a great night spot but also cute and busy during the day.

1. Via Orefici (attraction)
  2. Corso Garibaldi (attraction)
  3. Radetzky Café (restaurant)

Riley from Boca Raton

1. Viale Monte Nero, 3 (address)