Erik
Seattle

Middle East, North Africa

Best place to spend a 4 day weekend in the Middle East / North Africa?

I have a 4 day weekend coming up in December and am looking to travel somewhere in the Middle East / North Africa. I am wondering what people's favorite places are? I will be flying in and out of Frankfurt, traveling alone, and will either stay in an Airbnb or inexpensive hotel. Want to go somewhere with a lot of culture, not too built up, and relatively safe for Americans. (Would rather go somewhere like Amman than Dubai). 

Thanks for the help!

Hossam from Cairo, Egypt

Egypt is a good place for you ... you can visit the Pyramids or some historical places ... and you can go to Sharm Elsheikh on the Awesome red sea ... if you want to know more tell me

Chris

Hi Erik,

With only 4 days, I think you had it right to begin with - Jordan is probably your best look. In that short time, you would be able to do Amman, Jerash, Petra and the Dead Sea. If you're looking to maximize your touring and are okay with moving around a lot, you may be able to get a night in the desert of Wadi Rum. All would require some strategic planning but is doable depending on how 'on the go' you want to be.

Otherwise, Cairo isn't a bad option either. If you've never seen the Pyramids, its definitely something worth considering. 

On the other hand, if you are looking for something a little more slow paced but still safe, I would look into Oman. A beautiful country that is often overlooked by North Americans. If you're an outdoorsy person, this is the destination for you.

Anyway, hope this helps and if you need any help planning something, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Chris Bazos

www.travelous.com 

1. Jordan (attraction)
  2. Amman (city)
  3. Jerash (attraction)
  4. Petra (city)
  5. Cairo (city)
  6. Oman (attraction)