Laura
Buenos Aires

Miami, New Orleans

Miami to New Orleans by car. Where to stop?

I'm making a trip from Miami to New Orleans by car in September and would like to stop in some beaches or nice towns.

What would you recommend? 

I think the trip will take us 3 or 4 days

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Laura.  3-4 days will give you plenty of time to enjoy the drive.  I might suggest driving through Alligator Alley in the Everglades and then head up to Sanibel, or Captiva Island.  Spend a night there and then continue north and spend a night on Cedar Key.  I would then make my last stop in or around DestinFort Walton Beach, or Pensacola.  I think each of those three destinations give you a different feel and vibe.  Hope that helps and safe travels!

1. Alligator Alley (attraction)
  2. Sanibel (attraction)
  3. Captiva Island (city)
  4. Cedar Key (attraction)
  5. Destin (city)
  6. Fort Walton Beach (city)
  7. Pensacola (city)

David from Staten Island, New York

Seaside (Florida) is famous for it's architecture, scenery, and beaches. There aren't many hotels though so better to stop there for an afternoon to have lunch and walk around but not necessarily to spend a night.

1. Seaside (Florida) (city)

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

There will be plenty to see along the way if you know where to look! Here are a couple of suggestions to see between Miami to New Orleans.

I hope that is at least some variety to get started. If you would like more personalized suggestions including restaurants and accommodations based on your travel style, budget, and travel dates feel free to contact me here.

Happy Travels!

Josh from Baton Rouge

Rosemary Beach and really all of 30A.  Any reason to take 4 days to drive there?  It could easily be done in 2.

1. Rosemary Beach (attraction)