Yaniv
Tel Aviv

Miami

How to spend an afternoon and night in Miami?

I have an overnight connection in Madrid. I'll be arriving around 3PM. What are some cool things to see/do in one afternoon and night? Recommendations for Cuban food and live music are most welcome. 

K from Costa Mesa

Hello, 

When we were in Miami for a quick stay before heading to Jamaica, we ended up at the Freehand Miami for some great drinks and live DJ on the patio. They have pretty decent food from what I can remember. It's also a hostel so you can find an inexpensive room for the night. There is a pool as well. 

1. Miami (city)
  2. Freehand Miami (hotel)

Alex from Miami

You probably want to be on Miami Beach. You can go to the beach, wander around and see all the weirdness. Theres plenty of good cuban places. I would avoid the tourist trap restaraunts on Ocean Drive. The Broken Shaker is one of the best cocktails bars in america with a pool and hostel

1. Miami Beach (attraction)
  2. Ocean Drive (attraction)
  3. The Broken Shaker (restaurant)

Sarah from Los Angeles

Definitely go to South Beach! Mango's Tropical Cafe on the beach is a great place to see some live music. David's Cafe is classic Cuban.

1. Mango's Tropical Cafe (attraction)
  2. David's Cafe (restaurant)
  3. South Beach (neighborhood)

sherry from Florida

Well then Calle Ocho in Miami is the place for you!

1. Calle Ocho (attraction)