Jessica
Washington, DC

Miami

Hotel in Miami for an older woman?

I am traveling to Miami in the next few weeks with my mother in her 70's and we want to stay someplace fun but relatively quiet. We won't have a car so we were thinking South Beach might be perfect but are having a hard time finding something that isn't all clubs. Any suggestions?

Rodger from Las Vegas

SBH South Beach Hotel on 21st. I am 72 and found the walking through South Beach to be easy enough. Hotel is across from a park and is quiet

1. SBH South Beach Hotel (hotel)

elizabeth

My favorite hotel is a little more north, but still on Miami Beach.  It is the Westin Diplomat.  It is a short car ride to south beach if you do want to stop over there and see the action, but it is way quieter, and the beach is clean and the hotel is fabulous! 

1. Miami Beach (attraction)
  2. Westin Diplomat (attraction)

Jenny from Chicago, Illinois

Try Miami Beach vs. South Beach. Beaches are prettier & it's not as crazy as South Beach.

1. Miami Beach (attraction)
  2. South Beach (attraction)

Adriana from Miami

Hi! I would suggest Hotel Victor it's a smaller boutique hotel but it's still very nice! It's closer to the beginning of the beach which tends to be a little more quiet. It's also around a lot of really nice restaurants. Another good option is the Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach also around the same area! If you want a really relaxing quiet hotel I highly recommend The Biltmore Hotel, it's really famous and is in coral gables which is beautiful and has many different things to see as well. Coral gables isn't that far from Miami beach I would say 20-30 minutes in an uber or taxi. If you want to visit coral gables definitely go see the Coral Gables Merrick House, Venetian pool, miracle mile, and at least go see the biltmore hotel one day it's beautiful and many famous people have stayed there including presidents. Goodluck and have fun!

1. Hotel Victor (hotel)
  2. Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach (hotel)
  3. The Biltmore Hotel (restaurant)
  4. Coral Gables Merrick House (attraction)

Hernan from San Juan, Puerto Rico

That would be somewhere near Coconut Grove or The Shops At Mary Brickell Village where the locals hang out....plenty to do and fun!!!

1. Coconut Grove (neighborhood)
  2. The Shops At Mary Brickell Village (attraction)

Mike from Sunny Isles Beach

I would try Air BnB..  FYI South Beach in the winter is not exactly quiet, but if your buried in a residential neighborhood you would be better than in the Hotel district.  Riviera Hotel South Beach at 318 20th St is off the main drag and caught my eye recently..Good luck and welcome to the sunshine..

:-) 

1. South Beach (attraction)
  2. Riviera Hotel South Beach (hotel)