Gabriel

Miami

Hotel close to the beach to stay in for a weekend & must see and do there

I'm spending a weekend in Miami for the first time, I would like to know if there's any nice hotel close to the beach and close to the places I must see and things to do?

Also what are the places that I must see and do things there in a weekend?

Any nightlife recommendation?

tami from New York City

Hi Gabriel,

In which month are you travelling? Try to avoid the ULTRA festival weekends coming up - they are very busy weekends!

I'm not sure about true hostels but an inexpensive hotel where I have stayed many times is Dorchester Hotel. In a perfect location across the street from The Shore Club Hotel and the beach. 

Make sure to eat lunch and take a walk down Lincoln Road. Nexxt Cafe is one of my favorites. Get a late drink at the W Hotel Pool before going out. If you can get there early enough, LIV Miami, and Fontainebleau Resort is a superb club but harder to get into so you will need to get there early. 

Ocean Drive is a fun place with bars and restaurants to bounce around at night and has some great brunch spots during the day. The Versace Mansion is there to visit as well. 

1. The Shore Club Hotel (attraction)
  2. Nexxt Cafe (restaurant)
  3. W Hotel Pool (attraction)
  4. Ocean Drive (attraction)
  5. Dorchester Hotel (hotel)
  6. LIV Miami (attraction)
  7. Fontainebleau Resort (hotel)
  8. Versace Mansion (attraction)
  9. Lincoln Road (attraction)

Kauan from Brazil

There are a lot of options of clubs in Miami, but you have to know that the beverages are a little expensive.

My favorites are Mansion (www.mansionmiami.com/dev) and LIV Miami (www.livnightclub.com)

I've never been at a Hostel in USA before, but a friend mine told that there is a great Hostel at Ocean Drive. Google it and you know more about.

I guess the Nikki Beach Miami is a good place to take a drink and know some people.

Access the blog www.taflorida.com, is a brazilian girl that lives in Miami and gives a lot of tips.

Enjoy your trip.

1. Mansion (attraction)
  2. Ocean Drive (attraction)
  3. Nikki Beach Miami (attraction)
  4. LIV Miami (attraction)