scott
Oxnard

Miami

Best things to see and do for 3 days in Miami?

What are some must see or do in or near Miami on a short 3 day trip?

Greg from Chengdu

If you like the outdoors and are going to be there between November and March go out to the Everglades via the Tamiami Trail.   Must see is Shark Valley Visitors Center,  part of the Everglades National Park.   If it is a sunny day you will definitely see alligators as close as 2-3 feet.   There is a beautiful trail that you can either walk or take the tram tour.  On the way out to the park, or on the way back,  you can stop and take air boat tours of the 'Glades.    You won't be disappointed. 

1. Everglades (attraction)
  2. Tamiami Trail (attraction)
  3. Shark Valley Visitors Center (attraction)

I always start my visit spending some time at Bayside Marketplace  located in Downtown Miami. A two-level, open-air place that provides a lot of alternatives for shopping, a variety of restaurants, all with a unique waterfront setting. Don't miss to visit Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, Coconut Grove and South Beach. I always try to find a beachfront hotel (there are many options) in Collins Ave . I love to exercise or do morning walks by the beach. So relaxing! All these areas that I just mentioned, are famous for having plenty of outstanding alternatives of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. If you want to do some shopping I rather prefer to go to Dolphin Mall, Aventura Mall and Village of Merrick Park. Hope this helps!

1. Bayside Marketplace (attraction)
  2. Downtown Miami (neighborhood)
  3. Lincoln Road (attraction)
  4. Miami Beach (attraction)
  5. Coconut Grove (neighborhood)
  6. South Beach (attraction)
  7. Collins Ave (attraction)
  8. Dolphin Mall (restaurant)
  9. Aventura Mall (attraction)
  10. Village of Merrick Park (attraction)