marisa
Minnesota

Mexico, Baja California Sur, Mazatlan, San Francisco (Nayarit), Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa, Ixtapan de la Sal, Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Quintana Roo, Cancun, Merida, Veracruz

What is the cleanest, bluest beach in Mexico?

I'd like to know what is the cleanest, bluest beach in Mexico, what part of Mexico that beach is, and what is a really nice hotel/resort near that beach?

JR from Manhattan Beach

I think one of the most beautiful beaches is off the coast of Puerto Vallarta. It's in the Marieta Islands, Mexico and it's called the Hidden Beach : Marieta Islands, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Here's a few pics of it.This place looks really cool and they do tours out there from Puerto Vallarta. I've been wanting to go but haven't made it yet. 

There is also some urban legend about the place and some people claim it was created by the Mexican government doing bomb testing in the early 1900's, which if true, kind of kills it for me, so I prefer to believe that it all happened naturally :)

1. Puerto Vallarta (city)
  2. Marieta Islands, Mexico (attraction)
  3. Hidden Beach : Marieta Islands, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (attraction)

Alica from Australia

Playa El Palmar is most famous beach in Guerrero where you can able to admire spectacular sunsets, coconut palms along the side. This is certified under Mexico consideration for its biodiversity and clean blue water. For accommodation there are apartments of Palmar Beach, you can go for it.

1. Playa El Palmar (attraction)
  2. Guerrero (attraction)

Bob from Pine Grove

Put Costa Maya on your list. Tulum is a great area.  

1. Costa Maya (attraction)
  2. Tulum (city)

Al from Mexico

I like the area around Akumal. The water is crystal clear and beach has very fine white sand. If you are lucky you might get to see a 200 year old sea turtle while swimming in the sea.

1. Akumal (city)

Kay from Akumal

1. Tulum Beach (attraction)
  2. Playa Xpu-Ha (attraction)
  3. Catalonia Royal Tulum (hotel)
  4. Playa Xcacel (attraction)