Brenna
Tempe

Mexico, Puerto Vallarta

Wanting to Find a Summer Vacation Spot

My friends and I are looking for a place to go on vacation for about a week over the summer - beach preferred. Currently we're thinking about Mexico/Puerto Vallarta but I'm not sure if that's the best place for 20-somethings on a semi-strict budget. Is PV the best place to go? If not what are some other options in the area? If so, what are the must see's and the best places to eat in the area?

Brew from Manhattan Beach

I think PV would be a good choice.  PV has some great bars and interesting restaurants, etc., but if you want better beaches and a more laid back, authentic vibe, one of my favorite places in the area is Sayulita.  An old fishing village that has become a surf town.  Great beaches, fun bars, good restaurants, etc.  Wide range of accommodation options.  A great spot.  Good mix of gringos and locals.  really cool spot. 

1. Sayulita (city)

Mariel from San Antonio

Hello there! When I went toPuerto Vallarta I stayed in a hotel called "Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa" and the place was very nice! seriously, if you are trying to just relax, I TOTALLY recommend it, it is a little far away from downtown but inside the hotel you have everything you could ask for;restaurants, great private beach, nice swimming pools, entertainment, nightlife, and EVEN A MINI ZOO!! if you do want to go see downtown you just get a taxi and ask to go to the "Malecón" it's free and it's a nice walk on the coast with beautiful sculptures. :) hoped this helped!

1. Puerto Vallarta (city)
  2. Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa (hotel)
  3. Malecón (attraction)

Maria

PV has some excellent beach bars to hang out during the day and excellent nightlife. There is jungle and remote beaches to explore and lots of places to discover by using the local bus and water taxi. We find the cost of living quite reasonable coming from the UK. You can find some reasonable B & B s to stay in the centre of town 

Jackie from San Jose (California)

Rosarito is nice I love going there for vacation.

1. Rosarito (city)